M2 battery compartment issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmurray719

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an M2 wrist computer that seems to be letting water into the battery compartment. It shut itself off on a surface interval a week ago and would not turn back on. Later, I removed the batteries from the compartment and they were damp. I dried them off and replaced them, and the computer turned on, but it turned on with the "version" start up screen , not the regular one. I used it again a few days later without incident, though when I got home and removed the batteries they were damp again. I dove with it again yesterday, and today when I tried to turn it on to log my dive it would not turn on. I opened the battery compartment and there was again moisture in the compartment and on the batteries. After drying everything and putting the batteries back in it did start, but with the re-boot screen instead of the regular one. Is this likely an o-ring issue and easily fixable, or something worse? Are replacement o-rings available? Thanks!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom