M/V Hurricane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a large and spacious vessel with steel hull as I see, it must be a comfortable one. Good choice. But it basically depends on the weather, the sea and divers if the trip will be good or not...

Hurricane is part of the Tornado fleet, and generally come highly recommended. We used the Tornado fleet for our southern safaris for a while after our own boat went to dry dock and never left!

I don't know the Hurricane personally, but I see a few of their boats around Sharm from time to time and they certainly look impressive. Some former colleagues of mine used to staff the Typhoon before it unfortunately burned to cinders in a dry-dock fire and they were heartbroken, they loved it so much.

I know that's not much specific info but maybe gives you a general feeling. When it comes to South safaris though, I always have to refer SBers to my editor at the Equalizer magazine - Anders - who can be found at the SB username of samaka

Cheers

Crowley

Thanks for the info. The trip is out of Sharm, 7 night 'Get Wrecked' itinerary with Scuba Travel. Really liked the south itineraries, but it was all sold out. I've never dove the Red Sea, so I figured good enough. And the price was nice under 1000 pounds with the flight from London without a Cairo connection and a hotel to chill before the red eye flight back home. I just hope it's a comfy boat with good food and fun staff.

Some of the wrecks are awesome and for sure you will get to visit my absolute favourite dive in the world (so far) on the Thistlegorm (see my blogs!!)

That's a pretty good price and as I say, I have no personal experience of the boat itself, but the Tornado fleet is - rather like my own dive centre, a large company with an international reputation to maintain. A lot has changed in Egypt over the last couple of years, but it's hard times in the Egyptian Red Sea and quality of service is a simple act of survival at the moment.

The Tornado fleet is like 7 or 8 luxury liveaboards - Whirlwind, Mistral, Cyclone I see around a fair few times at Thistlegorm, There is a Hurricane and Monsoon, but I can't remember all their names - and of course the lately lamented Typhoon. I'm pretty confident you will have a good holiday! If you find yourself at a loose end in Sharm, or anywhere in the Na'ama Bay or Hadaba area, please feel free to drop by for a beer!

Cheers

C.

Back
Top Bottom