M&G Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing like opening up a can of worms! :popcorn:

Here are the basic reasons...

1.) Camping next to quarry... Since different groups are hanging out and diving at different times, it convenient that the camping is within easy walking distance of the diving. Having camping off site makes it more difficult to dive throughout the day and socialize at the campsite.

2.) Gilboa offers a deep section. The group has a wide variety of diving skills. Most people enjoy the shallows (due to the warmth and the items to see/swim around). However, there are a good number of technical divers who attend who really want to deep dive. (Basically to enjoy the Narcosis ride. :D )

I think if there was another centrally located location that provided these same features, the group event could move around. Most of the divers in the group (including myself) frequent all of the quarries sometime throughout the year. They each have there pluses and minuses. It just works out that the overal features that Gilboa has, best matches the widest range of divers for the M&G.

Now that I have said this... I am going to put my flame suit on and go hide! :shocked2:

Rather than quarry diving, I would rather have the group do some wreck diving in the lakes. However, that doesn't fit the two items above either! And, I am not aware of a dive boat on the great lakes that can handle 40+ divers at the same time! :mooner:

Let's see if I remember correctly,"I am a lazy diver." Now who would have said that to me at the Ford Sea Horses show this year????? I just don't remember.

Let's see if I remember correctly,"I am a lazy diver." Now who would have said that to me at the Ford Sea Horses show this year????? I just don't remember.

Oh-Ooooh!---:popcorn: here we go!

I am just wondering why the m&g is always held at Gilboa? Why not Whitestar?
Bus

I am amazed that we have to answer that question every M & G, Spring or Fall.

The only reason is because of topography, nothing else.

which only pertains to Mike, Me and Denny....

:)

Campsite/Hangout area adjacent to the dive area is a huge bonus...

1. Camping on-site/immediately next to the quarry. You can dive, come up and visit, cook, eat, and repeat.

2. It's become a tradition.

Here's a better question. Why Ohio? Why not have one at France Park (in IN) or a quarry/small lake in MI? I completely understand why a quarry works best for these things, but why is it always in OH?

I thoroughly enjoy the M&Gs at Gilboa, but would also have no problem if we also held them at various other sites.

Back
Top Bottom