M.A.D Questions and Cancun on the cheaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beth_castroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All-

Looking for a quick getaway maybe 4th of july week for 4-5 days.
I've read that M.A.D is the shop to dive with. Question? Can the MAD 2- Dive Package really be $142.00? Is that a mis-print?
Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives & PADI Courses

Also, any recommendations for a cheap place to stay. We don't usually go for the all-inclusive resort type places. Too many people for us. Any smaller places around 50 a night that can be recommended?

Thanks and itchen to dive.

Hello Beth, I have a dive op in the hotel that you need, the name is Sotavento Yatch Club www.hotelsotavento.com we have spetial rates for our divers, 55.00 us per nigth that includes a breakfast.
We have dive trips with no more than 6 divers every day at 9:00 am, the price is 70.00 us, includes all gear, purified water and lots of fun.
Take a look at my web site www,alwaysdiving.com
KEEP YOUR BUBBLES UP!!!

Al.

Hi Beth,

Yep, you heard correctly. MAD is the op to dive with. You might find less expensive ops, but then again, you get what you pay for.

I'd drop a line to alan@britsincancun.com and see what he has for lodging in town. Peak season is tough on everything.

Hope you have a great trip! Go for the whale sharks....Awesome!

I have an excellent dive shop that I use when in Mexico but its off the coast on the little Island of Isla Mujeres. Its only a 30 min ferry ride to the island and you can find a decent pace to stay for as little as 30 bucks a night. The dive shop is called Aqua Adventures and you can hook up with Donna Jane Rivera there. She will give you an awesome deal on as much diving as you want.
When I lived in NC and flew out of Charlotte I could get a RT ticket, a place to stay and a gas powered golf cart foe a week for a grand. SWEET ! JetBlue offers 99 bucks each way from Orlando to Cancun !
IslaMujeres.info - Your Guide to Isla Mujeres Mexico Hope this helps !

not a miss print beth!
2 x 2tank dive, can be wreck/reef/night what ever you like! dont forget we ll pick you up too if your in the cancun hotel zone!
also remember july is peak whale shark and manta season, now thats a good day out!

Ben,

Your website makes it look as if your price is $142.00 for doing 2 dives. If that's the case, I am going to raise my prices too :D

Ben,

Your website makes it look as if your price is $142.00 for doing 2 dives. If that's the case, I am going to raise my prices too :D

Exactly. And that's the question: What is the price for 2 dives? $142 is considerably more than it costs in Maui!

Back
Top Bottom