Lynx battery indicator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctock993

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I pre-apologize if this question has been asked & answered already - I'm at Lembeh Resort right now and the internet, while present, isn't the best for searching...

I'm diving my new Lynx for the first time and do not understand the battery indicator colors.
According to the manual, the battery indicator will turn from green to orange and then red as either transmitter battery or computer battery power runs down.

What I am seeing is a change, almost on a transmission by transmission (that annoying little buzz behind my head) basis from green to orange and back again. By the time I got to the 3rd dive with this color change the red was added in a green - orange - red pattern.
There is no steady color.

Any assistance is appreciated!

---------- Post added October 18th, 2013 at 09:50 AM ----------

Update:

Changing the battery in the transmitter stopped the color cycling on the display.

Therefore, either:
1) The technical writer for the manual did a poor job in the description of the indication for the need of a battery change
or
2) A firmware update needs to correct the cycling of color when power output from the battery is sensed to be falling

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom