Luxfer 40cf Deco bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to buy a Luxfer 40cf pony bottle in Hydro post 6351 alloy to use with 100 percent o2 for a deco class.
Thanks

Be careful with Luxfer. Some shops will refuse to fill Luxfer tanks - I had to search for a shop that actually had some knowledge vs superstition about tanks.

Wow. I have never had an issue with getting my Luxfer 40's filled. They are the preferred tank for deco bottles as they float better than the Catalina tanks.

Jeff

Be careful with Luxfer. Some shops will refuse to fill Luxfer tanks - I had to search for a shop that actually had some knowledge vs superstition about tanks.

New Luxfer tanks are made from 6061 T6 alloy and no shop should have issues filling them. They still have better buoyancy characteristics as a deco bottle then a Catalina but it's not because of the alloy. Luxfer hasn't used the 6351 alloy since 1989-1990 depending on the tank size and these are the ones that will need VIP+ inspections and some shops just refuse to fill them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom