lumix LX10 settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say that CineD isn’t really necessary, but I have no evidence to back it up.

As for a red filter, I can get better, more natural colours without one. BUT you have to do a bit of work in post to get there. With a red filter it will look better out of the camera, however I can never get it to look as good in post. there are weird colour casts with the one I was using that I couldn’t get rid of.

Here is one more that shows with and without a filter (take a look at the description):
It happens with some low quality ones. What were you using?

Does it even make any sense to use the red filter when you can white balance without loosing any light and possibly some sharpness due to another piece of glass between your camera sensor and a subject?
I only just started using LX15 and i really can't see the point of using a red filter so far.

The camera white balance works to max 10 meters a bit more if the water is really clean so yes there is a point to filters. I have done a whole post on it.
Sharpness is not affected and loosing light is generally not too much of a problem as you shoot slow shutter speeds in video anyway

The importance of Underwater white balance with the Panasonic gh5

Hey all, sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking into LX10 settings for video at the moment, and one thing I've noticed is that a lot of users seem to shoot video in the movie mode's Aperture Priority.

How does this work shutterwise? I've tried a few clips but couldn't get the camera to display the shutter speed when shot like this, either while shooting or during playbak so no clue what it's doing - does the shutter speed vary a lot - Someone seemed to mention that there was a way to lock it (to 60 fpsfor 30p), by setting it in the camera manual mode first, before switching back to movie mode, but not sure what the point would be compared to manual exposure in movie mode.
Or do you just shoot and not worry about the shutter and the 180º shutter rule? Is the motion blurring ok in particule rich water / lower light?

on an another note, I've had a small purple hue show up dead centre as I was trying out different settings - Looked exactly like this: LX10/15 Blue/Purple glow in middle of photos at narrow aperture: Panasonic Compact Camera Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

It showed up in stills and movies, indoors and outdoors - but seems to be gone now - has anyone ever had anything like this? Camera's new and a less than a week old, wondering if it's a malfunction or just a weird glitchy combination of settings/exposure since I was trying everything out...

cheers
ben

on an another note, I've had a small purple hue show up dead centre as I was trying out different settings - Looked exactly like this: LX10/15 Blue/Purple glow in middle of photos at narrow aperture: Panasonic Compact Camera Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

It showed up in stills and movies, indoors and outdoors - but seems to be gone now - has anyone ever had anything like this? Camera's new and a less than a week old, wondering if it's a malfunction or just a weird glitchy combination of settings/exposure since I was trying everything out...

Hmm, I've never noticed this problem but I just tested the same settings (8.8 mm, 1/80 sec, f/11, ISO 400) and I can indeed see it when making a photo of an object with strong sunlight coming from a side. It must be some sort of light bouncing inside the lens.
Photos with equal light or no strong sunlight coming from a side (same settings) are perfectly fine.

I got a new camera, still does flare a little but seems better.

However I'm now a little baffled by the video settings -

If I'm shooting in Creative Movie mode, and set the exposure mode to A / Aperture Priority within the Creative Movie's motion picture mode, and set the iso to say 1000, and aperture to f8, I get a certain exposure, quite dark when I record a clip. It's A exposure mode so the camera's taking care of the shutter, so I can't adjust it.

However, if I switch to the actual A Aperture Priority mode instead of Creative Movie+ Aperture Priority exposure, and set the iso to say 1000, and aperture to f8, I get a totally different exposure, much much brighter video clip.

I don't get it. In both cases the camera should be taking care of the shutter speed - why would the exposure with identical iso + aperture be different? I've tried adjusting what can be adjusted but can't seem to get the same exposure.

What is the camera not adjusting in Creative Movie mode - I can pump up the exposure compensation in Creative Movie mode, but it doesn't reach the same exposure as Aperture priority mode, and if I switch to A mode it's then complety overexposed.

Same thing with Manual mode - I can't seem to get the same exposure filming in Creative Movie + Manual Exposure as in shooting a clip directly from Manual mode

Any ideas?

thanks

b

- edit found the answer by reading up on GH5 tutorials - PASM photo modes = full auto video, Creative movie mode settings = PASM control of video

Back
Top Bottom