Luggage restrictions Bali to Labuanbajo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChaosReid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've already loosely arranged for rental equipment for this trip because the luggage restrictions seem so tight on these short hop airlines. I am ditching my BCD and reg, but will take the rest. Does anyone have experience with these airlines? I'd be horrified if my gear prevented me from getting on the plane!

I'm diving 3 days with Absolute Scuba in Padang Bai, and 4 days on the liveaboard Lady Denok. Any personal experience with these operators (equipment quality or other) is also certainly appreciated!

May 15 departure, very excited about this first trip to Indonesia!

Use Garuda Indonesia.

They are the only full-service carrier in the country and they allow an extra 23kg for dive gear. So you get 20 kg + 23 kg = 43 kg with no extra charge. You can probably bring your BCD.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 08.25.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 08.25.02.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 08.24.47.png

I honestly don't remember how I ended up choosing the flights I did, except that they meshed with the times I needed to be on Labuanbajo to meet and leave my liveaboard... Live and learn! Thank you for this detailed help - I figured there must be some secret to the luggage thing because a LOT of divers must go there!

Sriwijaya Air has a 10kg free scuba gear allowance. I have used them and have no problems.

I expect this is going to be a one time trip, but I thank you all for the additional information in case someone asks ME how to get there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom