Lucky Find- Mint DA Aqua Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha James
What a great find. Best of Luck in getting your reg back in service. The Voit 50 Fathom is a nice regulator also.
Aloha Turtleguy9

Yeah Turtleguy, The Voit is cool. I bought it and a tank and a wrist depth guage for ten bucks back when I was a kid. I saw the 50 Fathom used in Sea Hunt a lot. All I need is a couple of hoses to get it going again. I found a source for them. I just wish I had all those hoses that were cut in the underwater fights on Sea Hunt. But it took more than a cut exhaust hose to stop old Lloyd.

james croft:
..... it took more than a cut exhaust hose to stop old Lloyd.

Well, you'd think so!!! Then again, you'd also think those guys would have known WHICH hose was which, and which to cut, too!
Great find. Just make sure you teach him some double-hose-specific clearing and buddy breathing techniques in the pool before hitting the big blue.

Hey, Jim. go Seahunt. Pick up some steel 38's (1880 psi), 40's (2015psi) or 45's (2250 psi). Set everything up with the AMaster. Buy some Seahunt tapes off the internet. Run a couple tapes with your son and ask him if he would like to try a setup just like Mike used. Talk about GI Joe, heh. Seriously, if you really want the best performance from the regs, these double tanks are a best buy. However, you will need the old harness or a THIN backpack with crotch strap. If you intend to take the cover off the reg it would be a good time to bump up the intermediate pressure----110 psi @ 2400 psi tank pressure or 125 @ 500.

pescador775:
Hey, Jim. go Seahunt. Pick up some steel 38's (1880 psi), 40's (2015psi) or 45's (2250 psi). Seriously, if you really want the best performance from the regs, these double tanks are a best buy.
Yep. Like these twin 50s (1980 psi) over
<==========HERE!

100 dollars............I hate you. Not only that, those old regs will kill you if you dive them. They are NOT safe to dive, that's the reason they dont make them any more. In the intrest of good will, and keeping your wife from becoming a widdow, I will send you the 100$ you spent on this "death trap", and dispose of it properly.

dbg40:
100 dollars............I hate you. Not only that, those old regs will kill you if you dive them. They are NOT safe to dive, that's the reason they dont make them any more. In the intrest of good will, and keeping your wife from becoming a widdow, I will send you the 100$ you spent on this "death trap", and dispose of it properly.

Most definitely. Please send my widow the $100 so that she can join me at Sand Dog III, the definitive gathering of corpses diving double hose regulators aka, "death traps". If you don't believe me that corpses still dive with NOT safe, not made any more widow (only one d) makers, come to Weeki Wachee Springs on Sunday, April 2 for a vintage dive gear show. But beware, the boogey man might get you.

I'd bet that there is more than one Vinatage diver itchen to cut one of those fancy new hoses you will be sporting in the kelp beds soon enough. I'm not sayin I'll be one of them mind you but it is enouph to drive a good man gon jelous into claiming he had had a touch of Nitrogen narcosis which drove him to it after your buddy pulls the green eyed devil off of you as your smartly swiming along as polite as you please on some Sonday showin off your fine new rig off the Catalina shore. Most of us are stuck with our crummy Voit lung unbalanced regs with rotten green hoses bubbling away and fearfull of going below sixty feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom