Lucky Find- Mint DA Aqua Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

james croft

Contributor
Reaction score
The old lady finally got around to mention that she had seen a bunch of old scuba gear in a Goodwill Store last week. I asked her to describe it and she said "some old regulators" and other stuff such as fins, weights, etc. I asked for a better description but she is not up to snuff on gear. I asked if there were any regs with a big old fat corrugated hoses on it. She thought so. Well, today I went to this store and found a army duffel bag. I pulled out a Sherwood Magnum with octopus and guages in fair condition, but nothing I would have purchased unless they were practically giving it away. There was a neat pair of old Nemrod fins with no rotten rubber. Goody bags, weight belt, etc. There was a US Divers horsecollar BC with that old school power inflator hose that was in pretty good shape. (I have a BC just like it that has never hit the water. I thought it might be good for spare parts.)
Then as I poked my head into the duffel bag, I saw it! There in a pile of neoprene, looking like a pearl in an oyster, was an absolutely mint DA Aqua Master. I could actually see my grinning face looking back at me in the flawless chrome cover. The hoses were perfect. Supple and shiny. The label and Crown were perfect. There was absolutely no sign that this reg had ever been used. The dust cap was removed. Perfect. I gladly laid out the $100.00 bucks for everything.
I have a question I hope y'all can help me with. This model is similar to one I used to have years ago but unfortunately got rid of. This one I just bought has a round knob on the yoke. I seem to recall the other one having a wingnut type screw. I am trying to figure out the age of this regulator. It has the 3223 West Warner Ave address. It has serial no, 260452. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks

Probably around 67 or 68. I have one that I got in about 67 or 68 with the round knob serial # 260970. Whichever year yours is probably the same year as mine.

Thanks Captain,
Looks like they were minted around the same time. This one looks so nice I almost hate to get it wet. But I will....

Congrats, I hope you enjoy it you lucky--------! LOL, cool, you have your DA back once again after so much time. Now all you need is a long yoke and a banjo SPG adapter and a hookah LP adapter and you can dive anywhere and anytime. You might want to have it gone through by Bryan or Dan or Chuck or at least yourself since I bet you know how to do the work yourself. N

That one should have a long yoke.

I have seen a banjo fitting a couple of times on EBay. Do you know any good sources for one or any one that can machine one?

I guess I am not quick enough.

Thanks everybody. Good sites. Obviously a wealth of knowlege here on the golden oldies. I am looking forward to letting this old classic do what it does best. This purchase has motivated me to take a closer look at my old Voit 50 Fathom regulator that I bought for $10.00 in 1968. A new set of hoses and a going over and I think I will introduce my kid to a nostalgic trip down memory lane. I am already getting pumped up about this. Thanks again.-Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom