Lucky Find- Mint DA Aqua Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

""I'd bet that there is more than one Vinatage diver itchen to cut one of those fancy new hoses you will be sporting in the kelp beds soon enough. I'm not sayin I'll be one of them mind you but it is enouph to drive a good man gon jelous into claiming he had had a touch of Nitrogen narcosis which drove him to it after your buddy pulls the green eyed devil off of you as your smartly swiming along as polite as you please on some Sonday showin off your fine new rig off the Catalina shore. Most of us are stuck with our crummy Voit lung unbalanced regs with rotten green hoses bubbling away and fearfull of going below sixty feet.""

This would not be an accurate description of the double hose Voit and USD regulators we are diving. We have new hoses, new silicone main diaphrams, new cage valves, new duckbills, new mouthpieces and new internal parts that are in all cases equal to or superior to the original parts. Furthermore, properly set up, these regulators can perform very well in modern conditions and in the case of my favorite the Royal Aqua Master, it can perform on par or superior to any modern single hose. It is great diving brand new 35 year old regulators.

DSCF0211.jpg

BTW, the exhaust hose is held with two tie straps in the picture because I am experimenting with something and it is quick to cut the hoses loose this way, when diving it is held with proper clamps. Banjo bolt for spg, a reproduction of the original USD part from the 60s, reproduction gray hoses from vss and Air Buddy Octapus from Sea Turtlle on a low profile type hookah port adapter from Single Star. Tank is a LP Faber 85 with a reproduction original style harness from the clever Simmonbeans (Allan) and the spg is an authentic Sportsways SeaVue. Why dive old worn out and busted down old stuff when you can dive with shiny and happy brand new old stuff, just like the original but better?

N
NAVED Master Diver 111
The future is double hose and NAVED is going there

I just recieved a new looking Royal Aqua Master that I baught off Ebay. I intend to use it because I never realy got to try the double hose but always liked the look from Sea Hunt
how do you upload photoes?

The Voit grey hoses (not authentic to the DA but they are pretty) came from Dan Barringer at www.vintagescubasupply.com (VSS). I picked them up from him at the annual Vintage Dive Assembly at Lake Wazee in Wisonsin. You will find doing buisness with Dan that he is a very good source of knowledge as well as basic parts and service and sometimes rebuilt regulators.

Hoses come and go in stock from the various suppliers, black being generally readily available and other colors more rare but occasionally available. A gentleman in England is working on silicone hoses in various authentic colors. I have a set of his hoses in black and yellow in silicone and they are more authentic in color, feel and general appearance than the originals were. Hopefully they will be out soon. You have to follow the vintage dive forums at vss and vdh to keep up with such things as that. This forum here is generally not up to date on vintage activities like the other two are.

Photos---got to www.photobucket.com. Upload your photos to this free site. Set up a free account. Very easy. Use the third link provided under each uploaded photo to paste into your scubaboard post. When you submit it will appear in the test. Upload from your card reader/camera to photobucket.

Below a view of the DA Aqua Master (actually it is a Royal nozzle and other various components) and you can see the banjo HP adpater, LP hookah port adapter installed on a valve.

DSCF0208.jpg

N
NAVED 111

I was surveying the waters off Catalina island searching for signs of a Manila Gallian that my Cripled friend Dan Fergeson insisted had to be there. Dan had been crippled by a bad case of the bends comming up from this very wreck but had lost her exact position because of a storm that nearly took more than his bent legs. I was soon to find out that my life wasn't worth a plug Dabloon. Im Pat Fealy and streasure hunting is my buisiness. While swimming along the sea floor at 110 feet I came upon a different kind of treasure. It was a twentyfifth Anaversary Gold Plated Royal Aqua Master Aatached to a set of pristine twin 38s. The diver was dead so I began removing his rig. He wouldn't be needing it. Suddenly a spear struck me in the face and embeded itself into my second stage and it began to free flow. A beautiful blond wooman lunged at me with a large diving knife. I later learned topside that she was the dead divers buddy and the regulator was an anaversary present. In the mean time I was forced to rip off her mask and slash her air hose to regain control of the situation and bring her safely to the surface buddy breathing. I can't tell you more about this because then I would have to disclose the position of the wreck and as you might know the State of California keeps all treasure found off her shores.

OK Gomez, come clean.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom