Lubang Island, Philippines - anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All -

I heard from a Filipino dive guide friend of mine in Puerto Galera that diving on Lubang Island (northern end of Mindoro) is great. He also mentioned that it is still pretty underdeveloped and heard there were only a couple dive shops in operation there. I cannot find anything on the internet about diving this place.

Has anyone been there? If so, how is the diving? Know of any dive shops and their contact information?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

hi,
I have been there a lot of times. but that a very long time ago during the 80's. We usually dive the Ambil ,Lubang island. then the Cabra island. But that time we rent the big boats which they call the Basnig. We rent them at Matabungkay Batangas. and travel up to Lubang and sleep at the boats for about one week. We bring along 2 air compressor and tanks. We usually caught a lot of fish during those times using spearguns. ( it;s still permitted during that time.) I'm not really sure if it;s still ok now to spearfish. Great diving in those 3 islands especially the Cabra Is. We caught a lot of lobster and I know up to now fish activity is still great. Sports fisherman still host fishing competition nowadays in Lubang. And they have good catch. I have searched the net trying to look for a dive shop in those areas but i didn't find any. i hope this helps. i think it's better to stick to places that have a dive shop just to be more convenient. Those times for us are really very hard for us but those are the days when we were younger and it really did'nt matter.

very difficult to get there. many other options that are more accessible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom