LP Hoses for inflator's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Hi,
Are all LP hoses that connect to BC and wing inflator mechs the same fitting?

In other words, will my LP hose for my Halycon wings work also on, say, a Scubapro or Mares BC?

I want to be able to use my regulator, spg setup with not only my wings but a BC as well....

?

From what I have seen/heard, yes, most LP inflator hoses have the same fitting at for hooking to the power inflator of most BC's. Occasionally a different fitting is used when you use an integrated octo.

When you purchase a BC or wing, an inflator hose is often included in the package. If your current LP hose does not fit your new purchase, then you can use the new one.

--M

The fitting is the same but the Halcyon has a shorter inflator hose than most bc. So, if you're wanting to use the lp hose that came with a Halcyon wing it may be to short for a conventional bc.

OK, thanks!

Sorry to say but there are some proprietory couplings out there...
The Halcyon uses a universal coupling (albeit with the shorter hose) but the ScubaPro is *special*

I guess I had heard that but didn't remember. Sorry. Scubapro... special...that's one way to phrase it.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Sorry to say but there are some proprietory couplings out there...
The Halcyon uses a universal coupling (albeit with the shorter hose) but the ScubaPro is *special*

Actually, the only 'special' SP inflator is the one on their combined inflator/backup reg, the Air-II. If you read my previous posts, I don't care for those integrated units, and the proprietary hose is just one more reason to dislike them.

However, the standard SP inflator uses a standard hose. My wife disliked the standard Halcyon inflator, and we've since replaced it with the regular SP inflator (which she finds easier to use with gloved hands). The Halcyon hose works just peachy on it.

Nate

Thanks,
The only thing I don't like about the Halycon is that the inflator/deflator buttons are the same color as the unit itself - its hard to see and distinguish fast..wish they were like orange or red or something...

Originally posted by Scuba446
The only thing I don't like about the Halycon is that the inflator/deflator buttons are the same color as the unit itself - its hard to see and distinguish fast..wish they were like orange or red or something...

Really? My Halcyon inflator is black, with grey buttons for the inflator/deflator. No confusion at all, although I have to admit I rarely even look at it and rely on muscle memory for determining which buttons to push.

Nate

Scuba446,
You don't need to see to operate your equipment. Color isn't reliable unles you are going to shine a light on it first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom