LP connector too short?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dimac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I just received my oxy mach v and tested it right away. The LP hose connects to the inflator, but nothing happens when I press the button. then i noticed a small gap between the retractable sleeve and the inflator assembly. So I tried pushing it to close while pressing the inflate button, it finally worked.

I dont plan on using 2 hands to put air in my bc. anyone here know how to fix this, or had similar experience?

Thanks!

EDIT: I used the hose that came with the wing. Tried it on my SeaQuest Balance and it worked. The only difference I saw was that the space for the locking pins on the mach v's valve was slightly wider.

Last edited:
More than likely the schrader valve in the lp hose is sticking out slightly. Get a schrader valve tool from any auto parts store and check it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

As it is new the mfg should take care of the issue under warranty. Being overseas though DIY is probably the right choice but if it is just the nipple that needs replaced contact mfg as they might be able send a replacement.

A small, flat tipped screw driver will usually work to tighten it rather than buying a schrader valve tool. Insert it to one side of the valve and turn.

I have had compatibility issues with inflator hoses and inflator (nipples). use the hose that came with the BC and it should work

It sounds to me that it is not the proper LP hose. Do the nipples of the Balance and the Mach V look similar? You should contact Oxy
Hose
  • I.D.: 1/4" - 0.240" to 0.275" (6.3mm)
  • O.D.: 0.470" to 0.530" (13.0mm)
  • Working Pressure: 320psi
  • Proof Pressure: 640psi
  • Min Burst Pressure: 1600psi

I had exactly the same problem with my Zeagle Bcd and noname braided hose form LDS.
I was able to solve it by using standard LP hose which came my wing.
However I'm going to visit LDS to get a money-back.

Back
Top Bottom