LP Compressor Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they have this same compressor on a pancake tank. is this useable for diving or is it going to cause any problems. can you use any oil less compressor with a tank?
Which compressor are you referring to? Can you provide a link to the pancake unit you are talking about?

In any event, I would not recommend using any compressor that comes with reserve tanks that are not plastic or stainless, which pretty much means anything you will find at a hardware store. You can strip off the compressor of course, but the tanks will not survive long in a marine environment and were certainly not meant to provide breathing air in any case.

Its the Husky Air Scout 1.5 gallon oil-free compressor. $100 at home depot. Ill be using it in fresh water.

Also i will take off the tank. I was hoping this would last my first year. It provides enough pressure and is small.

Do you know of anyone selling the Thomas 1020? I cant find one anywhere.
Thomas hasn't produced any in about a year. Nobody has them and nobody knows when more will be available. Thomas will not respond to any questions about them other than to say that they understand if you need to look elsewhere for your compressor.

I by-passed the tank on my Husky with 10 in. of high pressure air hose. Tested it for 5 min. and it worked great.
I think the tank will rust and that is how you get a bad taste in your mouth.
Do you know of a good inline filtration system. Im using the super snorkel hose and reg. that you recommended.

Back
Top Bottom