Lower end fins/mask/snorkel adequate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a US Diver set when I got certified and for my first dives. The mask and snorkel were fine, but the fins I will replace. Going very slowly underwater with a DM was no problem, but any time we had to motor or if we were on the surface swimming to the boat I just couldn't keep up with anyone. I noticed that in the pool during my OW course as well. Mine were pretty cheap if I recall, and I guess you get what you pay for.

My no-name mask still fits better than name-brand ones I bought later - at over twice the price. Especially with a mask, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't matter how much you paid for it - you paid too much. On the other hand, if it does fit, who cares how much it cost.

Those fins are a little small in the blade. I bought my girlfriend some when she first started diving. The question on if they will work for scuba is...How big are you? Thats a small blade to use for a bigger adult, carrying lots of scuba equipment and weights....and then add to it that its a split fin....you might be kicking forever and never going anywhere...

Will they work? Yes, but probably not the best and Im sure you will be able to tell on your first pool dive if you need to upgrade

My girlfriend upgraded 2 months later- Shes 5'7" 110lbs- with the added weight of midwest diving, it wasnt a good choice around here(was great in Forida for her)

Hope that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom