Low Volume Mask for a Small Face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So what small low profile frameless mask is your favorite?

I'm diving the smallest Atomic Frameless which leaks a bit too much.

Thanks.

Seriously, (not trying to be a wise guy) try a Scubapro "Solo". The teardrop frameless lens makes reading gauges easier. Low volume mask.

-you could always put black tape over the model name. :D

Have a long time diving friend who works as a commercial diver for the oil industry....Has a garage full of the latest high tech 'stuff'....When we rec(casual) dive together he has a cardboard box full of K-Mart/Walmart VERY low end, round masks...In various colors no less :p !!!!....They fit him, he likes them and they don't leak.......And don't think small face/small mask...Try as many different brands/styles as you can.. [you're in So.Fl. so you have access to several dive shops].....A bigger mask may fit better.......

I have an AquaLung Micro Mask in black/black that I bought. Seals great on my face but is uncomfortable under my nose by the end of a typical reef dive. I used it for two dives. Be willing to sell it to you on the cheap if you are interested. Sorry for the sales pitch, just figured I'd throw that out there.

Micromask

Seriously, (not trying to be a wise guy) try a Scubapro "Solo". The teardrop frameless lens makes reading gauges easier. Low volume mask.

-you could always put black tape over the model name. :D
:)

I have an AquaLung Micro Mask in black/black that I bought. Seals great on my face but is uncomfortable under my nose by the end of a typical reef dive. I used it for two dives. Be willing to sell it to you on the cheap if you are interested. Sorry for the sales pitch, just figured I'd throw that out there.

Micromask

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for another frameless.

OK, I couldn't resist a bit of kidding, but much truth behind it. Notice that the "NON-STANDARD" mask is much more oval at the seal, smaller nose pocket -see bottom half of pic. -you got friends, borrow one and try it...

Micromask

I sometimes have the same problem with my Atomic Frameless medium, not sure why. I've owned it for around 4 years, usually it's no problem but every now and again it cause pain under my nose. I always have it in the same position and it has very little strap tension, almost none. I might try a standard sized frameless, although an expensive comparison to make, lol...

The Scubapro Scout works well for a narrow face, but I'd prefer the open vision of a frameless.

Back
Top Bottom