low cost custom wetsuit solutions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could do what I did.
I bought a cheap off the rack wetsuit on sale for under $200. I got one that was one size too big.
I cut it down to custom fit me and it fits perfect. I made marks on it with a white china marker then cut it with a good quality pair of scissors.
I used regular neoprene cement, a couple coats on each side, let it dry thoroughly and push it together.
I don't even need to stitch them up. I have another suit that I reglued with no stitching and it's lasted over 9 years now with hundreds of dives on it.

… I did get the cave wreck model with the G231N Neoprene and it fits like a glove…

It looks like Rubatex (maker of G231n) is out of business and there is no equivalent. As nice and stretchy as the modern and less expensive Neoprene blends are, they compress far more than G231n — which was the “standard” since the 1960s. The new 7mm suits are warmer at the surface. Unfortunately at 50' the insulation feels like a ¼" G231 suit at 150'.

Attachments

• Rubatex G-231-n Data Sheet.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 66
Thanks everyone, lots of good input! hopefully this spring we can find her something good so she can get certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom