Low budget accommodations in the Homestead/Key Largo area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning a quick, low budget trip to Key Largo sometime in the next couple of months. Anyone know of a reaonable motel, dive dive or someones extra room for rent? I'm easy to please as long as the doors lock, shower has hot water, only a few palmeto bugs to deal with and my tires will still be on the car in the morning. I would like to keep the drive less than around 1 hr. So far the best deal I have seen is around $35 in Homestead.

herman:
I am planning a quick, low budget trip to Key Largo sometime in the next couple of months. Anyone know of a reaonable motel, dive dive or someones extra room for rent? I'm easy to please as long as the doors lock, shower has hot water, only a few palmeto bugs to deal with and my tires will still be on the car in the morning. I would like to keep the drive less than around 1 hr. So far the best deal I have seen is around $35 in Homestead.

Homestead will almost always be cheaper than Key Largo, but that is a nasty drive sometimes.

Check out http://www.fla-keys.com\

The Hungry Pelican is supposed to be pretty reasonable.
There are also a few places with dive/stay packages that work out pretty well.

Do you know when you are heading to the Key's, I'm heading down over Turkey Day. I'm looking for someone to do a few quick dives over the Thursday, and Friday.

I Have found 39.95 in Marathon Key (About an Hour south of Key Largo)

John

Try in Tavernier the Keys Motel..they are fairly reasonable and clean and Divers City is like 2 sec. away and that's walking. they are really good and fair priced.

jpence151:
Do you know when you are heading to the Key's, I'm heading down over Turkey Day. I'm looking for someone to do a few quick dives over the Thursday, and Friday.

John

Thanks Guys, all suggestion are welcome.

John, it not likely that it will be T-giving but otherwise, we would be happy to have you along.

jpence151:

John

Where? Marathon also has good diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom