Love the jets, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
the foot pockets... :frown3: they give me blisters...

they are not made for normal feet. i have the xl jets (which i use with size 44 EU (about size 11 US) camaro boots, and here are some comparison pics with the medium tusa x-pert xooms. the zoom pockets are perfect for me, but they are not good for frogkicking. the zoom pockets are also deeper and have a flat ending whereas the jets do not.

is there another fin that's very close to the xl jet, but with a serious foot pocket similar to that of the zooms?

Wayward Son:
Are you getting blisters while wearing boots?

yes, and in general they feel uncomfortable on my feet - maybe they are a little too small, bungee straps were too tight (i'm about to switch to springs) or the boots are not a good fit. i've used the same boots with my medium zooms though and have not had the same issues, in fact they felt great on my feet.

i'll look into the turtles, and maybe the revo if they come out in xl. any other options?

i wear a us size 8 and use a large jetfin, spouse has a size 10 and wears an xl jetfin. Maybe you need and xxl. What type of boots do you use. Thin soled boots might make a difference also. My booties are thin and hubby's are a med. thickness sole and his fins feel tighter (he went from thin to med. soles). First try a thinner boot if possible then try a larger fin (if your LDS has any to borrow). We both use spring straps.

Melissa

Turtles , i have a size 12 and well wanted jets and they just plain didnt fit . Turtles fit perfect . BTW my splits were the Tusa XLs too

*Floater*:
the foot pockets... :frown3: they give me blisters...

they are not made for normal feet. i have the xl jets (which i use with size 44 EU (about size 11 US) camaro boots, and here are some comparison pics with the medium tusa x-pert xooms. the zoom pockets are perfect for me, but they are not good for frogkicking. the zoom pockets are also deeper and have a flat ending whereas the jets do not.

is there another fin that's very close to the xl jet, but with a serious foot pocket similar to that of the zooms?

For what it's worth... I wear a size 11 either Rockboot or Trek boot and use XXL Jetfins. I think you just need the next size up.

Maybe it's not size, I know what you might be referring to.

When I first switched to Jets from Quattros , my foot felt like it only went into the Jet fin halfway. The Quattros cradled my feet all the way to the heel.

It was quite awkward feeling for a while. Afterwards I got used to the flexibility in ankle motion and kicks that this allowed.

You have two options with a Jet style fin and size 11 rock boot style boots and the two options are Turtles or XXL Jets as stated before. XL Jets are simply too small! If you go with the Turtles you will need slightly longer springs and if you go with the XXL Jets you will need shorter springs to off set the huge pocket. I have size 11 rock boots and XXL Jets. My wife has Turtles (one size fits all) and BOTH the XXL Jets and the Turtles fit very well as long as the spring straps are correctly sized. Have fun! Those are your options. I spent alot of money learning this as have others. You might want to do a search for "rock boot and Jets Comparison Chart." A member (forgot his name) has a really EXHAUSTIVE and SPECIFIC chart comparing the fit of dry suit boots and various fins and the fit. I need to bookmark this chart, I mention it atleast once a week here on the board. It really should be placed as a sticky in this forum. HELP?

ADDED Later: Kidspot is the member I was talking about! Here is the link! Thanks again for your work Kidspot!

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/

I'll add that using 11 Rockboots and XXL Jetfins that I use the size large spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom