Love my drysuit, but the Zip Gloves detach too easily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That did the trick! Thanks very much for your help Kathy (and Ralph). That was indeed the issue. I had the first ridge of the glove inside the channels of the sleeve. I just looked again at the instructions that came with the gloves, and although it does say to "Line up the grooves on the ZipGlove with the grooves on the sleeve" it doesn't really explain or show that they should line up with the first ridge outside of the sleeve. The photos are too small for me to see this detail. It seemed cleaner to have them line up with the edge of the sleeve covering all of the "zip" portion, so that seemed "lined up" to me.

Andrew - I had no trouble putting these together dry as shown by Kathy. Not sure if it seals better with or without the soap and water, but it seems to be holding very well. I can't poke it open any more.

I'm diving again on Sunday, and I expect they'll hold up nicely then.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Vam that's AWESOME! I will forward information to our office in case they want to change the information.

We recommend the soapy water as it goes together easier. Once they lock they are locked.

When your wrists are in the ring (ZipSeals or ZipGloves) the ring cannot bend enough to come loose. Always check when pulling your drysuit out of your gear bag...

Really happy we got it resolved. Thank you for reaching out!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom