Love, Life and Relationships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met someone, she followed me home and we're still together.

Human or Canine? :D

EDIT: Roto beat me to it! :)

My wife and her friend laughed at me for saying that if I *were* single again that I would want to stay single.... My wife laughed the hardest (cruel chick that she is) saying that I would probably blunder my way into a new relationship without seeing it coming...

So really, there's no hope.... I mean how many single, engaging, active, athletic, intelligent, interesting, independent women with "clear" personalities in their mid to late 30's who dive ARE there on this planet......? And of those... how many would take a number to get in the love-boat with me....? I mean... there really IS no hope...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Oh Diver0001:rofl3:! I'm with your wife on this... I've read several of your posts across the board and you're the type of guy the single, engaging, active, yadda, yadda, yadda mid to late 30's who DIVE won't leave alone until you're caught again.

Stop fooling yourself. :shakehead:

Last edited:
Diver0001.

Hang on to your wife buddy.....
Single is not all that is cracked up to be, I like DR Bill am single and 46 and have been for a couple years now and have never been Married.

I have two children, A 17 yr relationship that fell apart and then right away another Great relationship that just wasn't meant to last.

I have been dating and it is a bit fun, Made some great new friends and am still testing the water.

But like DR Bill I too would like to find one for life and am working on that.:D

Jim, don't worry. There's always strippers.

Oh believe me I'm not letting go of this. She's definitely Mrs. Right (although there *are* days that you have to hold your head and say 'Dear God why did you make women like irresistable little neurotic time bombs"... but that's not every day.... :))

R..

:rofl3:I hear you on that one!!!

But seriously.... If I *were* suddenly single tomorrow.... there's just no way.... I mean I'm 39, not ugly but hardly a man-magnet, and there's no way that I would start another relationship at this point with someone who doesn't dive.... and frankly, I don't know if I would have the energy to really get inside someone's soul again. Anyway you look at it, that takes time and it takes energy.....

The above (now edited) fits me perfectly. :D

I tried the non-diver thing.... So not worth it.:no: Agreed relationships do take time and energy. For me I am quit content with myself and my friends that often I find I am a bit oblivious to the single men around me. I do try and remember to pay attention because in the end I would like a special someone to share life with.

So really, there's no hope.... I mean how many single, engaging, active, athletic, intelligent, interesting, independent women with "clear" personalities in their mid to late 30's who dive ARE there on this planet......? And of those... how many would take a number to get in the love-boat with me....? I mean... there really IS no hope.

Well I meet all the criteria except for the last one, hrmmmm. Bummer :tongue:

Gee, I have kind of the opposite take on it. I figure that when Peter dumps me for a trophy wife, I'm going to be a hot market item. I mean, look at the resume: Fairly bright (albeit more than slightly neurotic) woman, still HWP, of independent means, and a CAVE DIVER? Even my somewhat advanced age puts me in the general diving demographic.

Too bad he'll have to be DIR . . . :D

In my job I have access to the jail logs and mugshots. Whenever I want a blast from the past I just look up my old girlfriends on there, pretty interesting the stuff they keep getting into.

I married a woman with a clean record. Well, at least in this State.

I figured out a long time ago the psychobabes were the most fun.

And for the best sex, the ones that profess a strong "religious" character are even better.

Guilt and Redemption. The ultimate female aphrodisiac.

And I gave them plenty of guilt. :crafty:

ROFLMAO!!! :rofl3:

Jim, don't worry. There's always strippers.

Nice Scott!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom