Louisiana Rig Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been out to the rigs before. Usually when people are busy spearing fish, they are not paying much attention to being buddy divers. I just wanted to know what kind of diving was going to be going on. I am very familiar with rig diving.

The water is not necessarily always clear either. You can have very low vis. I have been there when you couldn't get through the murk layer as deep as you wanted to go, so you really have to be prepared for low visibility depending on the currents and wave action that day, making it even more difficult with a moderate (1 knot or higher) current.

No doubt you've more experience with rig diving than I. I just know how difficult is is sometimes to fill a boat and not include spearos, unless a shop is scheduling a trip and says "no spearing".

I would be game for either.

I also agree, buddy up with like minded person. Spearfishing with spearfishing (taking turns shooting fish). Normal diving with normal divers.

I would have to say, I prefer to do a few trips without spearfishing (myself) till I get more adapted to the conditions of the rigs.

last thing, when are we going ? :)

I would be game for either.

I also agree, buddy up with like minded person. Spearfishing with spearfishing (taking turns shooting fish). Normal diving with normal divers.

I would have to say, I prefer to do a few trips without spearfishing (myself) till I get more adapted to the conditions of the rigs.

last thing, when are we going ? :)

I have April 27th, and then no dates open until May 17th. Otherwise, have fun and let me know how it goes.

I'll be working a checkout trip Friday through Sunday the weekend of April 27th, so I'm booked, too. :wink:

With the Mississppi River height at flood stage there will probably be strong currents and dirty water for a while unless you are headed to the canyons and deep(1000+') water.
It will probably be a couple of months before the river goes down and near shore conditions improve.

just my luck.... my dive trip this weekend will probably get canceled as well.... :(

With the Mississppi River height at flood stage there will probably be strong currents and dirty water for a while unless you are headed to the canyons and deep(1000+') water.
It will probably be a couple of months before the river goes down and near shore conditions improve.

:rofl3:.....yea thats when all that dang muddy water drifts down deep into the Texas shore GoM and the deeper rigs....dang stuff!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom