Lost weight belt during rescue class at Millbrook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheatondiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During one of the rescue scenarios, my partner dropped my weightbelt at Millbrook on 8/29/09. We were in the shallow area near the small boat off of beach 1. Two divers did a search, but no luck. It is a six pouch, black weightbelt with about 25lbs. (I dive a 7 mil farmer john and jacket and cork during ascent). If some locates it, please let me know. I suspect it is deep in the muck.

Do you have any better idea where it went in relative to the boat? I'll be out that way tomorrow teaching and will take a look. Belts do tend to dig deep into the slit though.

Not too much of an idea as I was the victim and was on my back. Some of the divemasters looked this morning. We did find the snorkels and masks that were dropped today. This was starting to become an expense rescue course.

I will probably just stop by the dive shop this week and get a new pouched belt and some more lead.

I think my son and I are planning on going out Labor Day Sunday. We may just swim back and forth over that area. Does any know if there will be a lot of classes over Labor Day weekend?

Back
Top Bottom