lost valve handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gedas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, i have lost bcd (halcyon eclipse) valve wire handle. Any ideas where can i find a new one or any other replacement option?
photo: 20210408-215916

You could replace it with a lot of different things. Just looking around my desktop I see a cap on a magic marker that could be pressed into service but a large solid bead would be stronger. If you know anybody with a 3D printer there are a lot of pulls on Thingiverse.

Use this bend [Knot to some landlubbers] and a piece cordage [same size and strength] and as said above a large solid bead , with a hole through it is a given, then a figure 8 knot.
Looks too short as it is now to secure a Thingiverse ,whatever that is or solid bead , even a toggle will do.
Double Fisherman’s Bend
Figure 8 Knot
It works, done it.

Thank you for a good advise. Found a pull on thingiverse and will get it printed for 1.5€

Does anyone get it!!!

Having replaced the piddly thread the manufacturers provide, with some fat string

YOU FIND THE VALVE AND WITH THE STRING FALLING AUTOMATICALLY BETWEEN YOUR FINGERS YOU PULL IT!

full.jpg

No knob to disorient the string and the diver is required

HRH Prince Philip has passed and already the world begins to turn to crap

Fat string fat string stand up and sing fat string fat string
it's not just a thing you grab the valve and pull the thing!

To be sung to the tunes all of the tunes by Phoebe Buffay

full.jpg

Make it your thing and just do it for you
do it for your friends they will thank you
you'll never look back you won't have to

full.jpg

FAT STRING!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom