Lost/Stolen equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Sherwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here is list of my stolen missing stuff missing from detroit airport on way to LAX while under care of North West/Delta. Please keep eys out for stuff. thanks, best, bob

DUI Signature Series Custom TLS 350/450 overlay Dry suit with Pockets,p-valve turbo soles classic zip Red/Black
Name is listed inside suite

DUI 300 Series Undergarments

DUI 450 Boots

DUI Dry gloves with liners Blue

DUI Warm neck hood

DUI storage bad for undergarments

3 Polar Tec insulating vests

Halcyon Special Limited edition Stealth Evolve system, Stainless steel backplate, 40# evolve wing

Halcyon Limited Edition stealth knife and sheath

2 Halcyon harness buckles

2 Halcyon LED Scout back up lights with stainless steel bolt snaps.

3 Apex ds4 first stages

3 Apex high performance 2cd stages

1 Halcyon long hose 7'

4 regulator hoses to match with doubles system

1 hp hose
1 Halcyon Brass Pressure gauge

3 service kits for apex regulators

4 Halcyon spools with stainless steel double enders

1 line arrow holder with line arrows and cookies

1 intermediate pressure gauge

2 Halcyon masks w Halcyon mask straps

2 Power fins with stainless steel Halcyon spring straps

70 Rochester wideband condoms

1 air gun with stainless steel bolt snap

1 Halcyon 3' surface marker buoy

1 Halcyon 6- Super big dam surface marker buoy

1 pocket knife

1 Akona dive bag with wheels

3 hiking shirt

Sorry to hear about your missing gear! Sounds like it will take a little time to replace if you can't get it back.

What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance?

Holy crap that's a lot of stuff!

Watch for a new dive shop opening up in the area of the stolen gear.

I was flying from NY to La to teach class, so as usual I packed my dive stuff in one bag(down to a science now) Around 60#'s(gotta love medallion status) and clothes in then other. Boarded plan in NY and a buddy of mine who works for Delta, came on the plane and told the captain everything was loaded, and told me specifically that he had loaded my bags. Marked "Priority"= translation...steal this one first. Arrived in Detriot about an hour later. there was an 12:10 flight to LAX, but I was scheduled for the 3:30, so I hung around my gate for almost 4 hours, flew to LAX. Upon arrival I was first off the plane and to the claim area, waited forever, and guess what, no bags. Headed towards claim office and there was a pile of bags roped off, sitting near that area was my clothes bag. Delta had sent it ahead of me on the earlier flight. Funny, cuz everytime I ask to change flights someone is always telling me no because: "I MUST BE ON SAME FLIGHT AS MY BAGS!!!!" Huh? anyway, they have no record of it ever being scanned out of Detroit. Been three weeks now and nothing but hours on the phone. All of them keep telling me not to worry it is insured for $3300. Hello, clearly they are not divers<Laughing>. If they can't locate it withing the next 70-90 days....they will process the claim. Here is another piece of airline stupidity. My luggage tag number, yes the lost/missing one gets recycled every 10 days, so, now at least two other people have been given the SAME number for their bags. Now I understand recycling the ones that get picked up, but for the life of me I can not understand doing that to lost/missing ones until after the claim is settled. they told me today that is standard practice. Hello again????? You can't make this stuff up. to crazy. Time for some equipment insurance. :-(

What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance?

oh, bob, i'm sorry.

do you need a pink ballcap with 'stroke' on it? :D

Oh, Bob, I'm so sorry to read this. Especially as I am heading out to Hawaii this morning . . . :shocked2:

Bob unfortunately i have to agree with you . The marked priority was a dead sign!!!! Take me first. If you have Dan insurance, that will cover it. I will call you later and tell you what happened to someone a year ago, same instance as your's...

Back
Top Bottom