Lost shearwater peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nootnam93

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys!

My wife and I were diving La Jolla shores Sunday 7/21 and when we left from Kellogg park parking lot, we drove straight to Starbucks about a mile away. I realized when we got there and my wife’s computer was still on top of the car that mine had fallen off somewhere.

Stupid stupid stupid!!!

But if anyone has found one, I’m giving a $100 reward to have it returned.

Thanks!

Sorry about your missing computer. Cali gets a bad rap sometimes, but I lost a set of keys at Dana Point and someone found them and ingeniously found a way to get them back to me. Leave a note at back at the parking lot or see if someone has left a note. People are good.

Sorry about your missing computer. Cali gets sometimes, but I lost a set of keys at Dana Point and someone found them and ingeniously found a way to get them back to me. Leave a note at back at the parking lot or see if someone has left a note. People are good.
I left my info with the lifeguards just in case and I’ve reported it to shearwater and they added my serial number to the stolen list so one day when someone brings it in to get serviced, I will be informed. However, it’s not likely to be soon since it’s only seen about 10 dives and it is after all a shearwater.

I know it didn’t get run over cause I drove the route in which it fell off over 20 times searching for it

I can't help, but one of the few times I've lost dive kit is when I put a torch on a car roof. I've also lost a pair of shoes in this manner and a mate lost a Rolex on a dive trip. I now have a rule, don't put anything on the car roof.

I can't help, but one of the few times I've lost dive kit is when I put a torch on a car roof. I've also lost a pair of shoes in this manner and a mate lost a Rolex on a dive trip. I now have a rule, don't put anything on the car roof.

Yea that’s our new rule as of yesterday. We live and learn and keep on diving!

I have always wondered why people do this. I have known people to lose laptop computers, dive gear of all different bits and much more. Let alone the fact that dive gear drips saltwater on your car!!

I have always wondered why people do this. I have known people to lose laptop computers, dive gear of all different bits and much more. Let alone the fact that dive gear drips saltwater on your car!!

Not all diving is done in saltwater :wink:

Anyway, I don't do it any more!

Two tips for your next computers (if you had not done these on the ones you lost):

1. Put your contact info on the startup screen. Mine shows my name, cell # & email. This can easily be done via the Shearwater app.

2. Get the little stickers made for dive gear with your name & phone #. Multiple sources for them on Amazon. They stay on incredibly well! I have these things on just about every piece of gear that has a place to put one. If another diver finds it, almost 100% chance they’ll get it back to you. That is just how divers are.

For reference, these are the ones that I use. I've been using them for a few years and they are both durable and stay on incredibly well. I do believe there are several sources for these stickers, and they all seem to be pretty much the same.

Personalized Waterproof 3M Sticker Labels for Scuba Diving Gear, Boating Gear, Fishing Gear, Kayak Gear and Camping Gear

Back
Top Bottom