lost rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donnie1442000

Registered
Reaction score
We had horrible miss hap this weekend a dive buddy lost his gear off of my boat. He thought it was secured and well it went bye bye. It is a zegal BC with a white steel 95 neon green pony and full complement of regulators. If anyone sees this wash up please contact me. We where diving the Alki fishing reef @ about 10:30 so there was a northerly running current.

Ya it was I was wondering why everyone in the boat was so quit when it came and picked my and the guy I was diving with on that dive. Got on board and it was painfully obvious as to why. We searched for quite a while but with a current, 5' of vis and a BC that had some air in it, it wasn't the best of conditions

Darn shame. I've seen the same thing happen before when a guy removed his BC before climbing aboard. He had inflated his rig and tied it securely to a line. Unfortunately the other end of the line was not secured properly and it drifted off and was not located.

Geez, if that doesn't just blow. Please post if it's recovered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom