Lost Paralenz Camera at Columbia Dive Site - Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did it have anything attached to it? They seem like they would be difficult to hold onto without a handle or something. I won't be there for four more weeks but I'll certainly keep an eye out. I hope you find it before then.

Did it have anything attached to it? They seem like they would be difficult to hold onto without a handle or something. I won't be there for four more weeks but I'll certainly keep an eye out. I hope you find it before then.

He held it with his hand around the Paralenz and fingers also gripping around a bar by which a torch was attached. The whole assembly acted as a handle and was tethered to his bcd. Apparently, it caught on something as he rolled off the boat and was pulled out of his hand. We have since learned that others have also found it can pop off the "click mount" more easily than expected. Amazingly, some have been found to still work after long periods under water. Obviously, he should have had a tether to the actual camera, but then this was the older model and the eyelet for the tether was not large enough for much of a tether.

the eyelet for the tether was not large enough for much of a tether.
If you ever see it again, try using a key ring. Marine grade stainless steel is best.

If you ever see it again, try using a key ring. Marine grade stainless steel is best.
Good idea. Here's the next plan...
IMG_20190907_102848.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom