Lost on the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazy how the boat left you- for such a current effected site I would use an rib tender for pick ups.

I would stick to countries that are stable politically myself, otherwise you have more then just the dive site to contend with- give the middle east a wide berth is my suggestion, let em get their crap sorted out on their coin... they are mentally like misogynististic, feudal Cretans.

From what you have explained i think this is what may have happened regarding the sea conditions. There was wind blowing (but you did not say how strong it probably was) against the current which created chop or waves. When the boat was picking you up depending on the boats orientation, one side was being pushed by the wind and the other side being pushed by the currents causing the boat to tip. The other passengers and crew also may have been on 1 side of the boat causing it to lean towards the side which had the most weight. Though we don;t know why the boat left you which could be because the passengers and crew may have been panicking. They should have stayed with you or at least follow you and attempted to make a pickup when possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom