Lost: New diving knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As you can see I am a newbie on this forum so please forgive me, not sure where to post this topic.
Lost my diving knife, just after two dives...so it hurting a bit.
If anyone sees a diving knife at Ansel, would you mind contacting me?

Email me at vli@sfu.ca or PM me please

Thanks
Avic

Avic7:
Hey guys,

As you can see I am a newbie on this forum so please forgive me, not sure where to post this topic.
Lost my diving knife, just after two dives...so it hurting a bit.
If anyone sees a diving knife at Ansel, would you mind contacting me?

Email me at vli@sfu.ca
Avic, just a few comments...

First, sorry to hear you lost your knife. That sucks. (but it might not be gone forever)

Second, (lesson learned) mark every piece of your gear with your name. Many of us have seen grown adults fighting over who owns some bootie or weight pouch on a boat; marking your gear eliminates hassle. (and if your name is on your knife, you stand a slightly higher chance of getting it back)

Third, lots of divers dive where lots of classes go. Someone else may likely find your knife. Its even possible that a dive shop in your area is doing a navigation course, where they swim in search patterns, etc. Put up flyers in the local dive stores where divers hang out. Let the owners or instructors know. Your knife will likely be found by someone, whether they keep it or get it back to you depends on whether they know (a) you're the owner and (b) you're looking for it.

Forth, lots of divers on SB may not know where "Ansel" is.

If you fill out your profile people can see your general area, locate places you dive, LDS's, etc. and can respond to you in a more meaningful manner. It also puts other questions and issues you may have into a context, which makes answering you much easier.

Best of luck finding your knife,

Doc

Thanks for your suggestions Doc, forgot about my profile after procrasinating for so long haha. I'll get right on it. Oh yes, and I already told my dive shop about it. Ever heard of Ocean Quest?

Welcome to Scubaboard Avic7.

Knives tend to be the item most frequently lost. Out of curiousity, how did you attach it?

I've heard of Ocean Quest. As a matter of fact, I am buying gear from them right now.

Welcome to the board Avic7.

Well, anyone in this area will know where ansell point is.

Marking gear is definitely a good idea. But better yet, figure out a better way to attach it so you don't lose it to begin with. Right now is the time to make sure things like computers and the like are attached very well because a knife isn't that big a loss compared to things like computers.

Just hope maybe one day you'll find a knife to replace the one you lost.

Well that the stupid thing, on my first dive I watched where the divemaster put his knife and he wrapped it around the inside of his ankle which makes sense because the outside part of your leg tends to bump against the wall or scrape against things, right?
So anyways I get my knife and I copied his style, and the knife sheath that I have is press and release, so when you slide it in you should hear a click sound. Anyways I was helping my buddy with his fins at Ansel and for those of you who haven't been to Ansel, the entry point is full of rocks and I might have scraped against the wall when I was doing it, and it slipped out.

The next time I get a knife i am wrapping it around my forearm.

Or better yet, avoid the knife all together. I have EMT shears and put them on my waist belt. Honestly, tell me what you're going to use that knife for. Plus, if you get all tangled up, what's the likelyhood you can reach your calf? If you're really wanting a knife, get a small one and maybe fasten it to bcd corrugated hose.

Sighhhhhh, still no reply to that dive knife off mine, but on a good note, W OOOOOHOOO!!!! My LDS called me up today and told me that the knife was under warranty and that the company [that made the knife] is willing to replace it free of charge.

Avic7:
Sighhhhhh, still no reply to that dive knife off mine, but on a good note, W OOOOOHOOO!!!! My LDS called me up today and told me that the knife was under warranty and that the company [that made the knife] is willing to replace it free of charge.

That's GREAT! So which company makes the knife?

Uhhh *blush* no idea =P
Lost my knife on my second dive, so never got a chance to recognize the name. I'll let you know once I pick up my knife.
Heh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom