Lost my uncles mask and need help identifying who makes it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it was a high end mask and he paid over $200 for it.
If he paid $200 for that and it doesn't have prescription lenses, he got ripped off. It looks like the skirt is yellowed and probably stiff as heck.
There were probably 20 different badges on that model based on who paid the factory to make it. The majority of masks were/are made in a handful of factories. There are many copies out there and the price depends on who is willing to pay what. The exact same mask made for XSscuba that sells for 39 bucks will be made for Oceanic who will sell it for 89.95. The difference? The little logo. That's it.
The best thing to do is fess up. Take him to a shop and let him buy a new mask with better materials that will fit better.
I'm betting he told you he paid that so you WOULDN'T DROP IT OFF THE DOCK!
I would not loan my primary mask to anyone. Including my son. Masks are cheap and finding one that fits is not hard.

The best thing to do is fess up. Take him to a shop and let him buy a new mask with better materials that will fit better.
I'm betting he told you he paid that so you WOULDN'T DROP IT OFF THE DOCK!
Very true, and funny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom