Lost my dive light tonight 7-01-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachlover

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I managed to drop my new(2 weeks) dive light tonight at Veterans Park.It is a bright yellow aqua king, I have my last name written on it with a black sharpie.I don't expect anyone who may find it to see this post,but if you do, I would really appreciate getting it back. It is worth a sincere thank you and a handshake,even a beer or two if you should happen to find it.Thanks in advance.

I managed to drop my new(2 weeks) dive light tonight at Veterans Park.It is a bright yellow aqua king, I have my last name written on it with a black sharpie.I don't expect anyone who may find it to see this post,but if you do, I would really appreciate getting it back. It is worth a sincere thank you and a handshake,even a beer or two if you should happen to find it.Thanks in advance.

Bummer! You took it out for a test run 2 weeks ago at Vets. Why don't you make a post to OC diving news. Try calling the lifeguard there and see if anybody returned it to them as well. Do you know the approx depth when you dropped it? Was it close to the surf zone?

Yep he droped it in the surf zone as he was putting on his fins. I'm sore from yesterday.

I'd suggest posting to DiveVets.com- they do their weekly dive there on Wednesday nights.

I hope you find it. Sorry to hear about the gear loss.

Good move writing your name (and hopefully number) on it... at least if it's found it has SOME chance of getting returned. I did that with one of my bags that was lost for four or five months, and some guy found it washed up on the beach, called me, and gave it back.

Some guy found my bag-- with a lobster in it!-- and he enjoyed them both...

Man Jamie I can't believe you managed to lose that monster!

Sorry to hear it though, so, from now on we're gonna have to superglue Neil's mask to his face and your light to your hand :)

Hey everybody, unfnbelievable, I found my dive light today! It went from 8' in the surf zone to 63' down in the canyon.I thought I would try my luck with no real expectation of ever finding it.The visibility at Veterans opened up to 25'+!! I was enjoying the great vis and solitude so much that I had completely forgotten about my lost light, then out of nowhere and 20' ahead and to the right of me...Holy ****! my light!! I could'nt believe it.What a great dive with an even greater ending (found the light 30-35min. into my dive). Total dive time:42min, max depth:69', water temp at surface:71, at depth:52. Thank you to everyone who posted here with their well wishes and input concerning my light, I really appreciate it all. Note to self: TURN LIGHT ON BEFORE ENTERING WATER! DUH!

I'd say you have yourself a lucky light there...might be better for you than a horseshoe

Very cool... great ending to a potentially sad story...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom