Lost mask at CSSP Saturday, Oct. 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After my first dive Saturday, I was surface kicking back to the stairs and my mask, which wasn't secured to anything, slipped off my arm and I couldn't retrieve it. This happened between the ScubaToys dock and the RV hookup stairs, about 20 feet from the shoreline.

It was a blue Scubapro mask with a yellow and purple "Dive West" slap strap. Used a spare mask for my second dive, and it was crap cuz it stayed fogged up despite using fog goop.

On the 2nd dive I tried to find it, but my light would only penetrate about a foot so I didn't accomplish much. If anyone finds it, I'd appreciate getting it back. I've had it 4 years, since I started diving. :)

I wish you would have told me, I would have gone on a search for you! It was great meeting you in person Saturday. It was a fantastic day to dive!

Linda,
I would love to help but I must say I haven't done much diving at CSSP lately. Doesn't look like it is anywhere on my schedule for the next two months or so.

Now for the admonishment: Shame on you. You know better than that. . . . Anywho, I won't chastize too much. I am sure it will happen to me one of these days.

In other news, I think you just coined a new marketing term for mask defog. Would you like to co-market a new brand of defog with me? ?? We could call it "Fog Goop" . . . .by cruiser of course (TM) :)

I wish you would have told me, I would have gone on a search for you! It was great meeting you in person Saturday. It was a fantastic day to dive!

It was great meeting you, too :)

Hah, I didn't say anything about losing my mask because (A) it's lame to lose stuff; and (B) I was sure I'd find it on my next dive :) But viz is going to have to get a whole lot better for the next search attempt.

In the meantime, I got a new Tusa mask yesterday. It's all clean, shiny and ready for Terrell !

Linda,
I would love to help but I must say I haven't done much diving at CSSP lately. Doesn't look like it is anywhere on my schedule for the next two months or so.

Now for the admonishment: Shame on you. You know better than that. . . . Anywho, I won't chastize too much. I am sure it will happen to me one of these days.

In other news, I think you just coined a new marketing term for mask defog. Would you like to co-market a new brand of defog with me? ?? We could call it "Fog Goop" . . . .by cruiser of course (TM) :)

Richerso--

CSSP hasn't changed much since you've been there. Another visit and you'll pick up where you left off :)

As far as losing my mask, I DID know better, just didn't follow my "ways to not lose your mask" training. Same diff, though :)

I'm on board with the Fog Goop (hehe).

There was a young diver on the stairs I talked with briefly. She was probably 12 or so, and told me that the alligator has been painted. Since I couldn't find the gator in the brown-out, anybody know if it got a touch-up?

I always wonder why divers pull off the mask after surfacing when diving in the fresh water, I see it often at Lake Travis. You just had it on for 40 minutes or so, so why take it off until you are out of the water? You wouldn't do this in the ocean. Bad habit to get into. Add a mask clip on your BCD if you insist taking it off, better yet leave it on until you exit the water.

I always wonder why divers pull off the mask after surfacing when diving in the fresh water, I see it often at Lake Travis. You just had it on for 40 minutes or so, so why take it off until you are out of the water? You wouldn't do this in the ocean. Bad habit to get into. Add a mask clip on your BCD if you insist taking it off, better yet leave it on until you exit the water.

My mask feels great during the dive. Once I surface, not so much. It feels like a big something on my face when I'm ready to breathe through my nose again. In salt water it stays on till I'm on the boat. I'm blinded when salt water gets in my eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom