Lost Gekko attachment plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kreitje

New
Reaction score
A year or two ago I bought the Suunto Gekko. I did the mod so I could use the dive manager and it worked great.

What didn't work great was my memory of where I put the attachment plate that mounts to the back side of the console. I had to take it off to get the data cable attached to it. It's the same piece that the wrist version attaches the straps to.

Does anybody know of a place online I can buy this replacement part? I have tried to find it for the Gekko, Vyper and Zoop but can't find anything.

Thanks

Aqualung/Suunto doesn't sell the part by itself. The back side of the console is sold as part of a kit -- the "Boot Kit, Inline" (part #5236).
It includes the back side of the console, the front side plastic piece, and attachment screws.
Any authorized Aqualung/Suunto dealer should be able to order the kit for you. Prior to placing the order, ask a shop employee to verify the proper part number in the official Suunto catalog. Expect to pay $20-$30 (incl. shipping + tax) for it, or possibly more.

Alternatively, you could purchase the Deep Sea Supply bungee wrist boot for $18. It works great. Then you could reduce your console to the one-unit analog SPG. That's how I have my Suunto CB1 set up.

The piece attaches the Gekko itself to the backside of the console. I haven't been able to find any pictures of this piece to help reference it.

I do appreciate your help.

The piece attaches the Gekko itself to the backside of the console. I haven't been able to find any pictures of this piece to help reference it.
If I remember correctly, when mounted in the Suunto console, the Gekko is simply sandwiched in between the back plastic piece and the front plastic piece. The screws hold the sandwich together and link each "unit" of the console together. I don't think that the Gekko is "attached," per se, to the back side of the console. Perhaps this is just a semantics issue. :idk:

Good luck finding the piece. I still think that moving to a Deep Sea Supply bungee wristboot is the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom