Lost dive log -- any possible wayarounds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your PADI certified then you have access to the PADI online log system too. It is a quick way to detail your dives too.

Wow...thanks for the abundance of information. i really shouldn't underestimate the power of C-cards...not that I'm going to overestimate it anytime soon.

I'm surprised to hear you're finding many places that want a log and aren't happy with your Master Diver card (and of course Visa) maybe it's your location.
There are a couple of anal-retentive local resorts in the Eastern coast of Korea that has asked for "solid evidence". Apparently C-cards weren't "solid" enough for them, citing faking concerns. Go figure.

Katamuki, can you provide me a link to that online log system?

Wow...thanks for the abundance of information. i really shouldn't underestimate the power of C-cards...not that I'm going to overestimate it anytime soon.

There are a couple of anal-retentive local resorts in the Eastern coast of Korea that has asked for "solid evidence". Apparently C-cards weren't "solid" enough for them, citing faking concerns. Go figure.

Katamuki, can you provide me a link to that online log system?

They are worried about faking a C-card :lotsalove: ? Now that is much easier than faking a dive log isn't it! Most of my diving history is not logged, we never worried about it. We would just grab out stuff and head out to dive. Since I want to start working on my DM I have to start logging better. I don't know about the online PADI log but I have been using a log that I print out from excel. I guess the question would be any signatures on the... Good luck

Katamuki, I too would like to see the link for the online log system..

Since I started diving again about 5 years ago, I have never been asked for a log book and that time encompasses a lot of travel. As the others say, just show them your card. a lot of dive resorts here in Asia take new customers on a check out/easy dive, first to see them in the water. I've seen a lot of multiple card holders that are not very good divers.

Back
Top Bottom