LOST -- Coronado Islands - Crab shack -- Sony underwater camera and Housing - SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abciverson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

My name is Bryant and I am a new diver.

We where out diving the crab shack at the Coronado Islands in southern California yesterday and we lost our camera. We where in the cove of the crab shack area where the sea lions hang out and we last remember having it in about 15 - 20ft of water. It is a black and white chase with "SONY" written on the strap in big white letters. Here is a link to sony's website that has a picture of the housing.

MPK-WF | Marine Pack | Sony | Sony Style USA

I know that this area is dived almost ever day, so we are hoping that someone will come across it. We would love to have our camera and housing back but we are mostly upset that we lost all our photos and videos from our first ever ocean dive. So if you or someone you know talks about finding a camera there we would very much like at least our memory card back. (if you feel the need to keep the camera and housing that is up to you. You can send us an anonymous envelope in the mail containing the memory card)

If you come across it please email us at abciverson@gmail.com and we will be more than happy to pay a finders fee and all shipping costs.

Thanks for reading and happy diving

Bryant-

Welcome to the 'board!!!
Sorry to hear of your plight, Bryant.. Let's see if we can get this on the So.Cal. general forum.

Which charter did you go out with and did you contact the other boats that regularly go to the 'nods?
Unfortunately, the islands are in Mexican waters and most of the visitors are local fishermen, so it is hard to notify them. Hope you get lucky.

Hey, thanks for getting it in the right forum for me.

I was on the Waterhorse charter boat.

I called the other charters today but they where all closed for fathers day so I will call them tomorrow.

I dont have high hopes of it being returned to me, I just wanted to put the word out there just in case the right person finds it and wants to return it.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to SoCal..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom