Lost Camera off Hollywood Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Oly SP-350 in an Oly housing went missing.. Floated away while we were at the Yellow Brick Road yesterday. The current was pretty good and heading south. By the time I realized it was gone and surfaced, with the chop I couldn't see anything. Was at the surface for about a half minute and already drifting too far from the flag.
The camera has my email and phone number inside the housing. Would much appreciate it's safe return.

Sorry to hear about your mishap SJ. However, there is a small silver lining in that dark cloud. Your idea of putting your contact information inside the housing is, (at least to me, and I've never been told that I was exceptionally or even marginally intelligent,) an exceedingly clever concept. I'll be placing my info. in housings from this time forward. Thank you for sharing that bit of wisdom, and I trust that your good Karma will help assist Fortune in returning your rig to you.

A friend of mine gets the pet tags engraved with pertinent info for their spear guns...

I wrote my name, address, email, and phone number on a piece of paper and took a picture of it. If someone was to find my camera and look at the pics, they'd find the info.

I feel for you, it's sucks when you see things drifting off with the current. I had just built a nice surface float out of a boogey board, starboard stringers, a rotating vhf antenna mount, big flag, Stainless hardware, the works. It was on it's first dive off of J Lloyd park. I was intent on catching a lobster and I realized I didn't have the loop around my wrist. I surfaced and watched it head north faster that I could swim. I'm sure there were a lot of boaters cursing stupid divers as it went across port everglades channel. Not a good feeling to see it drift off, luckily I wasn't stopped getting out on the beach.

There's always hope that it will turn up http://2sb.us/335831

Didn't you just lose a knife there? I need to follow you on dives my gear purchases will go down:D

LOL.. the knife loss was a little further north.. but the mask was in the same area.. sigh.. this diving is expensive!

There are good people in the world and I met on last night.

I am very happy to report that the camera is now in my possession! A good person found the camera washed ashore near Golden Beach and Hallandale about 6 hrs after I lost it.

I am blessed.

congrats and blessings on honest people!

now we just need the knife to magically appear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom