Lost and nearly found..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats so awesome that you can come on here and spout out someones name, and someone else here has all their contact info!!! Not just one person but two! Thats cool!

Edit: I looked him up for myself. Makes it even more ironic is that my high school played against his. Its very possible that I have crossed paths with him. Small World!!!

Supernal:
I'm wondering what's happened. This is a good story with a happy ending, I hope!

I actually found it a bit scary - 6 years later, chasing up a teen romance. Posts his name and details on the net and everyone scrambles to help. What do we actually KNOW about the 'seeker'. Nothing really, and yet people are providing private information anonymously online to help her.

I just hope she doesn't boil his rabbit etc.

Yours cynically,

Hi everyone, well its been 2 years since the lost and nearly found thread was posted, so I thought I would give you all the ending and reply to some of the questions that were asked.... We eventually got in contact Forrest and I, and it was fantastic to put an end to my unanswered questions! We are still in contact, and he is very happy. One day maybe I will take a trip to the states again, and we can see face to face just how the years have treated us!!
I can't believe how much help I received off Scubaboard and I shall be forever grateful, to thank you to you all.
One reply made me think though, it can be a dangerous place, in the respect that we can write a name down and ask for help in finding this person and we can pretty much receive all the info we want and more. I can assure you only through my words, that my intentions were only ever to find a lost friend... But I do understand that we all have to be pretty careful. On another note, there is nothing more satisfying than getting in contact with someone who meant a great deal to you, so once again and finally Thank you to you all.

That's wonderful! :D

I have no trouble believing your good intentions, Raya

Very good to hear from you! I can remember some not so good times that you posted here, very glad that things are going your way :jump:

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's been that long- thanks for the update- it lifted my spirits this morning (and I needed it- I was one step away from going to work without my pants :D)

I'm glad to hear that you made contact!

Back
Top Bottom