Lost and Found in Lake George

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steveann

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Figured this was the best place to post this, as some of y'all happen to dive the George areas occasionally. I was hoping that if anyone found a nice new black with blue highlights double edged Ocean Master Beta dive knife at Hearthstone if they wouldn't mind returning my pretty to me. It seems the double edged version and I are cursed to be sperated every time I dive, as this is the second one I've lost on two dives I've dove it.

Of course, I did find a golf ball on the dive, so I guess I didn't lose out completely :wink:

Also, if anyone cares to hear it, the water temps at Hearthstone were in the mid 60's to 30 feet (was with an OW class, so didn't go much deeper) and the vis was in the 10-20' range, until the students rolled through. Lots of fish out there, too, yellow perch and smallmouth bass.

Thanks.

I'll be diving Lake George on the 24th and 25th. Where'd you lose it? Also, you recommend any other lakes in the area worth checking out. I'll be staying in Saratoga for Jazz Fest.

I don't know how familiar you are with the area, but it was lost somewhere between going to the plane and plaing around by the buoyancy diamonds at Hearthstone Park. Not really sure where it disappeared, but I'm going to try and get up there this weekend to take a look.

As for diving around here, George is probably the best, unless you want to hit Champlain. Lake Saratoga has some nice fish in it, and you can always find bottles and junk, but it's mostly boat diving and the lake isn't the clearest. There's a bunch of decent shore dives on George, and there's a couple of people who'll take you out on a boat if you want it. I haven't done it yet, but I hear diving the Radeux is kind of neat, and there's the Fleet of 1758. I'm not sure how intact they are, as I have not seen them, but it would be neat to go diving among pre-Revolutionary War artifacts.

Check with the local dive shops around for more info if you're going to be able to get some diving in. There's Morin's in Glen Falls (www.morinsdivecenter.com I believe),
Capitaland Scuba in Clifton Park (www.Capitallandscuba.com I think), and my personal favorite Adirondack Scuba in Ballston Spa (www.escubashop.com). You should be able to get some good info from them.

Hi Steve,
Rich Morin is in the water there almost constantly and I know if he finds it and knows who the owner is he will be happy to return so you should just give him a call and let him know. The website is:
http://www.morinsdivecenters.com
I hope to be up there this weekend as well and will look around.
Glad to hear the water has warmed up some!
Barbara

Back
Top Bottom