Los Mogotes diving in Jardines de la Reina, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First time in Cuba and also diving in Jardines de la Reina. I’ll write a full report later. For now I just want to share what a typical diving in Jardines de la Reina is like. There are lots of Reef Shark following us around, as shown in the video, below.

TTT

I'd like to revive this thread... Where's the detailed trip report?

I'm curious - is it possible to arrive to Cuba and make it to the boat wo an overnight stay in a Cuban hotel...?

TTT

I'd like to revive this thread... Where's the detailed trip report?

I'm curious - is it possible to arrive to Cuba and make it to the boat wo an overnight stay in a Cuban hotel...?
Yea. I’m too busy going on dive trips, Sorry. After the trip to Cuba, I went to Cozumel (SB invasion), then went to Komodo in July, Sangalaki in August. Now I’m in San Jose, Costa Rica, heading to Cocos tomorrow. Then I’ll be in Galapagos in October. Those trips to Sangalaki, Cocos & Galapagos are rescheduled trips from 2020 that were cancelled due to Covid. Hopefully in a month or two, I’ll write it.

Yes, it’s possible to arrive in Cuba and go straight to JDR on the same day. Just go on an early flight from Miami to Havana. I think Southwest and American Airlines have those options.

Yes, it’s possible to arrive in Cuba and go straight to JDR on the same day. Just go on an early flight from Miami to Havana. I think Southwest and American Airlines have those options

Thanks, I saw the trip from havana to jdr was like 7 or 8 hours, so I wasn't sure. There's no way I'd stay in a hotel in a terrorist nation after what they did to our officials.

Thanks, I saw the trip from havana to jdr was like 7 or 8 hours, so I wasn't sure. There's no way I'd stay in a hotel in a terrorist nation after what they did to our officials.
Time has changed. I was there a few days after the dive trip. It’s just like in any Caribbean countries.

Just don’t bring home Cuban Cohiba. Miami Customs would confiscate them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom