Los Coronados Boat Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jtulls

New
Reaction score
Just booked a day trip with Waterhorse out to Los Coronados in two weeks. It'll be my first time out there -- anyone been out there lately? Anything I should be on the lookout for? I only recently got my open water cert, so I'm pretty excited to head out on a trip outside of the classroom setting!

Photo Apr 27, 9 09 55 AM.png

They'll find you first....:D

shot last month, not my video and I haven't been there in years..

Last edited:

Los coronados water can be very cold. As in high 40-Fs. viz could be very poor, as in 5-ft horizontal.
Last month (March 11th) the lowest temperature recorded on my PDC was 60 degF (max depth of 60ft). We were lucky and had excellent vis. And the sea lions were definitely the highlight.

No triggerfish that I recall. Mainly lovely orange Garibaldi and small silvery bait fish. And two very large, very dead sea lions on the bottom. The DM thought local fishermen might have shot them.

Last edited:
We had a great time out there. The weather was picking up but we had two dives at Lobster Shack which was in the lee so vis was excellent. Sea lions came out to play on dive #2 and the DM saw a few sleeping leopard sharks, but I missed those somehow. Dive #3 was at seal cove (I think that's what it's called) -- vis was worse with the incoming swell but still decent. Lots of Garibaldi over there

I took some video so I'll work on editing a video to post

They'll find you first....:D

shot last month, not my video and I haven't been there in years..

Haha, that's my video from the trip on March 11th. I had an absolute blast!

small world...I just picked out the first good clip that showed the interaction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom