Lord Jim wreck (Saanich Inlet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went out here this weekend with a few friends, The VIS was about 30 ft. I found this to be a pretty neat wreck to dive on from the shore. Lots of life and it was not stripped before sinking. Some of the openings are pretty small, so wear a single tank. I agree that the pic on the Mill Bay Marina website is this boat. I can't seem to find any more info about it or a better pic though.

Shawn95:
I went out here this weekend with a few friends, The VIS was about 30 ft. I found this to be a pretty neat wreck to dive on from the shore. Lots of life and it was not stripped before sinking. Some of the openings are pretty small, so wear a single tank. I agree that the pic on the Mill Bay Marina website is this boat. I can't seem to find any more info about it or a better pic though.
Thanks for the info. At least now I know that the vis can get half-decent. Now I want to go back, but I had my wisdom teeth out last week, so I can't go this weekend. For the few of us that are in the navy, this wreck reminds me alot of "10-boat" (YDT 10). The layout is similar. The Lord Jim only has one prop, but it's much bigger than the one on 10-boat.

I read about it on your site last week and told a couple people about it. Since then I know there has been 10 divers on it. I can't believe I didn't hear about this site before.

I dove the Lord Jim today (Saturday). My buddy had been out to it last week entering from Shorewood Rd as described on Swankenstein's website. He commented that it was a long surface swim.

Before trying Shoredrive Road we had a look around and found Beach Access on Keir Road, which is a couple hundred metres south of the Marina. At the end of the Keir is a Cowichan Valley Regional District Pier that we entered from. According to my dive buddy, this is apparently a lot closer, although it is still quite a swim. There is parking at the bottom of the road.

Vis was about 25 feet. What a great dive site. We saw an octopus on the Starboard side under the wreck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom