Lord Jim wreck (Saanich Inlet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a pretty interesting wreak. No wait; you made it sound interesting.

How far away was the strobe mounted? The lighting seems to be coming from odd angles in the pictures from under the hull. Maybe it is an illusion from the wide angle lens?

SeanQ:
Looks like a pretty interesting wreak. No wait; you made it sound interesting.

How far away was the strobe mounted? The lighting seems to be coming from odd angles in the pictures from under the hull. Maybe it is an illusion from the wide angle lens?
The strobe was mounted about 1 foot away from the lens. I put the camera on the sand under the hull (sometimes it was laying flat on it's back pointing straight up). The wide-angle lens definitely makes the vis look better than it was.

Interesting find Mark, It would definitely be nice to go back with you whenever the viz clear and take some more pictures. My favorite portion of your description is "After a short swim, I reached 20 feet depths and visibility opened up to an amazing 3 feet" that explain pretty much how the viz in the inlet at the moment.

Hi Mark!
I see it was cool dive! Even feel a bit envy - in good sense, of course!
Ahhh! Need to move to Victoria ASAP...

Good luck mate and see you soon!
Evgeny

CapitanBlack:
Hi Mark!
I see it was cool dive! Even feel a bit envy - in good sense, of course!
Ahhh! Need to move to Victoria ASAP...

Good luck mate and see you soon!
Evgeny
If the visibility was good, it would be a great dive, but with the 1 meter vis (it started clearing up at the end of the dive though) it wouldn't be worth coming all the way from Switzerland to do it. I'll definitely be back though.

Hyper-limits:
Interesting find Mark, It would definitely be nice to go back with you whenever the viz clear and take some more pictures. My favorite portion of your description is "After a short swim, I reached 20 feet depths and visibility opened up to an amazing 3 feet" that explain pretty much how the viz in the inlet at the moment.
I was hoping you would offer to come. I wasn't sure you still got out of bed for dives shallower than 150 feeteyebrow . If you like, we could tint your mask lenses so it seems deeper and darker than it really is. You could even have a few martinis to feel narced.

By the way, the vis in the shallows was so bad that I didn't know I had bumped into a rock until I noticed that it was hard to swim forward. I could only see my gauge if I held it a few inches in front of my face. All I'm asking for is 20 feet of vis and I'll be happy. I think next time I go, I'll try to do it at high tide.

swankenstein:
I was hoping you would offer to come. I wasn't sure you still got out of bed for dives shallower than 150 feeteyebrow . If you like, we could tint your mask lenses so it seems deeper and darker than it really is. You could even have a few martinis to feel narced.

I will definitely go, and yes I do get out of bed for good shallow dive. It nice to strap a single tank once in while and not have to worry about carrying a ton of equipment.
However I will wait until the viz clear to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom