Loose drysuit boots...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An extra pair of socks (comes in handy when winter gets tough) and FinKeepers.

Just dive for the next ten years in a drysuit with floppy boots that don't fit. Finkeepers is ridiculous too.

@jborg

Saw this thread, did you find a solution that works or did you end up replacing the boot? Curious as I have the same suit and same thing going on.

@jborg

Saw this thread, did you find a solution that works or did you end up replacing the boot? Curious as I have the same suit and same thing going on.

No, in fact fin keepers ended up working beautifully. Not around the fin, but around the ankle, adding just enough compression that the boot is secure.

So the boot size turned out to be perfect with thick socks I need in the winter (tennis + skiing + fleece). But that necessarily means it’s too big in the summer (tennis sock only, or tennis+skiing) or when diving in slightly warmer locales. Adding massive amounts of socks in the summer as suggested isn't comfortable. The fin keepers work really well for me. Ridiculous or not. We’ll see if they end up killing me in a hilarious feet entanglement incident.

No, in fact fin keepers ended up working beautifully. Not around the fin, but around the ankle, adding just enough compression that the boot is secure.

So the boot size turned out to be perfect with thick socks I need in the winter (tennis + skiing + fleece). But that necessarily means it’s too big in the summer (tennis sock only, or tennis+skiing) or when diving in slightly warmer locales. Adding massive amounts of socks in the summer as suggested isn't comfortable. The fin keepers work really well for me. Ridiculous or not. We’ll see if they end up killing me in a hilarious feet entanglement incident.
I picked up some fin keepers, and they were game changer. I’m amazed at how well they worked. I also added a 1/4 inch wool insert into my boot which helped out as well. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom