Loose bootie zippers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USCScubaboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have tried wetsuit over booties and booties over wetsuit. Neither seems to work in terms of keeping the zippers on the booties secure. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks.

yes I have encountered this problem, I went with the slip on type. You would think that manufactures would make some sort of thread through velcro strap or something. My girlfriend still uses zip up type and carries a few cable ties in her dive gear. she zip ties through the hole on the zip then around the leg. Hope this helps lol

I do keep electrical tape on hand for quick fixes.. make a flap on the end for easy removal.
Wont need a knife to remove it.
Can get a pair of velcro knife straps (shouldn't cost much) and you can tack them in place

hope that helps

I've never had this problem, and I've owned lots of boots over the years. I pull my wetsuit over the top of the boot, but I don't know if it really makes a difference.
If I bought a pair of boots that didn't stay zipped, I think I would feel like this was a quality issue and return them.

There are booties available (like my Henderson Hyperdry ones) that have little velcro closure flaps that lay on top of the zippers to keep them pinned down/closed. Look for that feature in your booties going forward.

Can get a pair of velcro knife straps (shouldn't cost much) and you can tack them in place

hope that helps

Sounds perfect. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom