Looks like I'll be diving a lot more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Decided to switch from UC Davis to CSU Monterey Bay for a variety of reasons (I'll be living close to Monterey, mainly)....I have a feeling study breaks are going to get a whole lot better once I start going there. :wink: especially at night if the conditions are good...

Hey, you'd do it too. :p

Bah, don't leave Davis. The hippies aren't that bad and the elections will be over soon enough :D

Just remember that it is really hard to do homework underwater :wink:

You've obviously either 1) never lived in Davis or 2) are far more forgiving of stupid than me if you think the hippies aren't that bad. :p these people drive friggin 15 mph under the speed limit. They walk into poles while text messaging. They smell. All these travesties can't be forgiven. Plus the education sucks.

But yeah, can't do much homework underwater...although I suppose maybe I could do some math stuff on a slate, but why the hell I'd want to try to write out math while UW on a dive is beyond me...just the thought makes me want to drink some whiskey to banish it from my mind.

Been going there for 2+ years now. Luckily I commute so the only interaction I have with them is the short distance from I-80 to the parking spots.

The thing that gets me the most about the town is how it is suppose to be like bicycle mecca but the vast majority of the people don't actually know how to ride safely. I actually stopped riding there because I didn't feel safe.

The skydiving is better at Davis than near Monterey.

Been going there for 2+ years now. Luckily I commute so the only interaction I have with them is the short distance from I-80 to the parking spots.

The thing that gets me the most about the town is how it is suppose to be like bicycle mecca but the vast majority of the people don't actually know how to ride safely. I actually stopped riding there because I didn't feel safe.

Yeah, I would imagine commuting to Davis would be a lot more tolerable than living in Davis, unless of course you're commuting from South Sac.

I stopped riding my bicycle too for the same reason. The way the Unitrans buses drive, I felt like I was gonna get ran over everytime one of them passed me. Better to be on the bus running over the bicyclist than being the bicyclist getting ran over by the bus. Although after I found out the Unitrans bus drivers are students, it explains why they almost run over everyone since they're just some 18 y/o kid who has a maximum driving experience of 2 years and probably 0 experience beforehand with anything bigger than a Honda.

I dunno, quite honestly I'm just not impressed with the education or the usefulness of what Davis offers. I had much better education at a CC, which for how much Davis charges, is quite frankly disgusting. *shrugs*

The skydiving is better at Davis than near Monterey.

Yeah but most college students can't afford to sky dive. Besides, if I'm going to sky dive, I'll do it in Hawaii. Much better view on the way down after you pull the cord.

Welcome to Monterey.

I had to put up with UC Davis too so I'm going to be jealous of you. You go to a couple classes, hit up a dive site for a couple dives afterwards. Why didn't I think of this when I was going to school, bah! Anyways, this summer I'll be living within 45 mins of Monterey so that will make up for it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom