Looking to replace my Regulator, what bands and models to consider?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty happy with my SP MK17 Evos with G260. Maybe try them out if you're a fan of diaphgram regulators.
Apeks DST with XTX50 seems pretty good as well, though I went with SPs in the end to take advantage of their worldwide available servicing.

I've owned both and always felt the G260 was a tad smoother.

Not related, but ditto the G250 and 156 BA.

My final decision was ScubaPro MK25/g260 but I ended up finding a MK25/s600 for $280 on OfferUp. I'll pick up the R195 Octo and have a great setup for $500.

In the end I figured the most I could save was about 25% with something other than ScubaPro. When you keep your equipment as long as I do there is a lot of value in long term support of past products by a company. While not guaranteed ScubaPro is already owned by a strong parent company so the odds are good my regs will be supported 20 years from now.

Costa Rica in January for my 50th B-day and wedding anniversary!

This story just got a lot better!

Bret Borchers owner of
All Wet Scuba
1006 E WARNER AVE #112
TEMPE, AZ 85284

Was a PADI certified shop owner in my neighborhood who defrauded a lot of people out of money. When he went out of business he was suppose to be getting a new bcd for my wife. We lost both the money and the bcd when everything went down.

The MK25/S600 I bought was from his shop's inventory according to ScubaPro. So in the end I almost break even on the whole event.

PADI wouldn't take any action against him because he has a relative who works for PADI protecting him.

Needless to say never do business with Bret Borchers.

Justice prevails!

Where's Sheriff Joe when you need him?:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom