Looking to go in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

espantoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everybody! We are looking to come back to Coz this spring, maybe sometime in March. I was wondering when the best time is to avoid any Spring Breakers. I know Coz is not a big destination, and we always fly direct to CZM, but am trying to avoid jacked up Spring Break airfare. Thanks!

Hi everybody! We are looking to come back to Coz this spring, maybe sometime in March. I was wondering when the best time is to avoid any Spring Breakers. I know Coz is not a big destination, and we always fly direct to CZM, but am trying to avoid jacked up Spring Break airfare. Thanks!

We always make a trip down during the spring break which for us is around the middle of March to the first part of April. Donna teaches and is off during this time. We have never really been bothered with any springbreakers since Cozumel is almost the opposite of Cancun.

Although we just got back on Sunday we will start looking now and may find a week when the tickets are discounted. Leaving on a Tuesday or Wednesday seems to be less expensive. This works well especially if you have some flexibility.

One problem is that New Englanders are doing whatever it takes to get out of the northeast around the end of February or beginning of March. When I moved here I was surprised to learn that "February School Vacation" is apparently a natural right of every New England school kid. That means that airfares are octupled during that time.

When I lived in Galveston, Spring Break made my commute a challenge and the ER busy from late February through late April since there are so many schools across the country on different schedules.

We would be flying out of Baltimore (BWI), so hopefully we dont have to pay the "Feb Yankee Tax" LOL!

The wife and I will be at Residencias Reef from 6th-14th Feb - hopefully diving with Living Underwater.

Back
Top Bottom