Looking to dive this week - Shark River Inlet or Manasquan Railroad Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son and I are looking to get a dive in Thurs 6/12 or Fri 6/13 night this week - High Tide is about 7:50pm Thurs and 8:40pm Fri.
I prefer Shark River Inlet but I would like to give him the opportunity to decide when and where. If anyone is looking to dive any of these nights let me know - I will keep an eye out on this post. We can meet up on location - we dive single AL80's - but if we dive in the inlet it will be 25 mins or so not much more. Looking at the weather it looks like rain but it still could be a promising night dive.

Yes it is Friday the 13th...:eyebrow: but that wont scare us off...

I will post both site and time once we pick - or if any changes occur...

---------- Post added June 11th, 2014 at 04:31 PM ----------

Update - Friday Night at Manasquan Railroad Bridge for anyone that wants the address to dive - just post. Will be there around 7:30pm so we are not rushed into getting geared up....

Dove Friday night - rain passed right over Point Pleasant - great dive several divers out on the bridge.
63 Degrees coldest point - 64 minutes - 18 feet deepest point - in at 8:30pm. Horseshoe crabs, crabs, small Black fish, only one flounder, and one small jelly fish.
Great dive - my sons first night dive - he did very well. Got over his nervousness and had a great time - we kept it out of the channel - he had a little issue fighting the current but not bad so we kept it to the side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom